Saturday, April 25, 2009

Unless....

Unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.
- John 12:24

These words of Jesus have been following me through the Lenten season and into the Easter season. I seem to hear them in communion antiphons, Gospel readings, church hymns, even on the radio. As I consider the next steps in my life and in my relationship with God, it seems appropriate that this quote from John follow me in my prayers, constantly reminding me that it is not all about me, but it is all about my salvation as well as others who I might touch as I move through this life.

Please Lord, give me the strength to be this grain of wheat, it is only through losing myself that I will truly find myself and find deep joy. It is only through you that I can become who I am truly meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment