Friday, April 18, 2008

St. Albert's Priory

Today I rushed to St Albert's after work and made it just in time for the homily in which the priest made several references to metaphysical philosophy that were apparently very funny because all of the Dominican brothers in the congregation laughed big guffaws several times. I had a huge goofy grin on my face for the entire homily, not because I understood it all but because I was just so thrilled to be really struggling to understand a homily. What a gift to the Church are these Dominican minds!

On top of the usual cerebral wonderfulness of St. Albert's, the mass was in Spanish, reminding me of my many mass experiences in Central America. I forgot most of the responses but just the rhythm of the Spanish mass is in some ways more familiar to me in English, (I think it must be because it is my second language so I pay more attention to what is happening).

Thank you God for the blessing of St. Albert's...

Can I get an "Amen" Marilene?

4 comments:

  1. I like your new blog, Theresagnes! Even though you purloined an especially beautiful piece of artwork from your mother, I would say your design is exceptional :)

    I am on my way to see Mary-mo. Love you!!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is true. In this case, unlike the rose curtains with the rose carpet and the rose garland in the living room, I admire your taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So she who is named after the Little Flower who sends a shower of roses is complaining about the symbol of her namesake!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah you know I realized that as I typed it!

    ReplyDelete